Tuesday, October 19, 2010

splat

This is my first time actually getting so far as actually typing in this blogification I've decided to undertake. I've started a couple of profiles with Blogspot and Live Journal over the last seven years, but I've never gotten so far as typing. I've managed to talk myself out of the self-mediation that millions have willingly immersed themselves in. I'm mistrustful of what I often perceived as sort of a nonchalant narcissism. A faceless analyst, a virtual community (now not a sad description of what real communities have become, but now a legitimate cyber-culture phenomenon), a cry-for-help that disembodied words get imbued with when describing the otherwise mundane. The list goes on and on. But now, until I get the balls enough to do stand-up comedy (we need another Bill Hicks, stand-up comedy needs to be enlightening again), I have been momentarily self-convinced that this may be some sort of semi-effective outlet for not necessarily trying out stand-up routines, but for the madness that drives me to want to exorcise things via the "difficult" comedy that Bill Hicks utilized. So, uh, sorry. But not really.
I realize that after stating such a quantifiable intent I will proceed to do nothing of the sort. I will probably just empty some of the babble that bounces around in my head routinely which claims neither consistency nor lack of contradiction. Good luck sorting it all out. I haven't the time to.

No comments:

Post a Comment